3.01.2011

Lunch for One

Hi!!

It's Meghna!! So today I was absolutely starving and had a complete craving for hummus.  I had no hummus on hand but I did have chickpeas!! So I thought why not make some?  I made a paprika hummus, and with that I made a Mint Cucumber Sandwich.  It was amazing, definitely a sandwich that I will make again.  The hummus was super easy to make, it only took 5 minutes plus the time it took to prepare my sandwich. Great lunch and quick, which is ideal when your a college student.  

Hummus
Ingredients
- 1 15 ounce can of Garbanzo Beans (Chick Peas), washed throughly
- 2 peeled garlic cloves
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
Preparation
1) In a food processor, combine all the ingredients and pulse until smooth.  Remove into a bowl and season with salt and pepper for taste.  Enjoy with pita bread, pita chips or my sandwich which follows!!

Mint Cucumber Sandwich
Ingredients
- 1 Tablespoon hummus
- 1/2 Tablespoon fresh chopped mint
- 1 Tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 of a cucumber thinly sliced
- freshly ground black pepper for taste
- multi-grain baguette (enough for one person)
Preparation
1) Preheat the oven to 450 F.
2) Slice the baguette in half and place in the oven to get crunchy.  Meanwhile thinly slice your cucumbers and cut your mint.
3) After 3-4 minutes remove the bread from the oven and sprinkle the mint on one slice of baguette.  Cover the mint with the feta cheese and them place that slice in the oven.  Cook for another minute.
4) After 1 minute remove the bread from the oven.  On the other slice of baguette spread the hummus and place the cucumber slices onto of the hummus.  Sprinkle the sandwich with some black pepper.  Close it.  Take a big bite!!

The sandwich.

The final product.


Try out the sandwich! Let me know if you love it as much as I do!

Happy Cooking!!

2 comments:

  1. Looks good Meghna! I, however do not have a garden of fresh mint like some the cool people do in NJ (Aka Gopi) so what do I use instead?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can also use some dried mint or dried oregano! Or a combination of both!

    ReplyDelete